From December 28 - January 13 I will be over in the Middle East in Dubai with 3 other students from Cornerstone University and 3 CU faculty. Our goal during this missions trip is E3...let me explain. The first E we want to focus on is to be an ENCOURAGEMENT to the church leaders and to really establish relationships as we seek to serve them in whatever ways they need most. We secondly want to be EXPOSED to Dubai and all that it has to offer. It is a place full of rich cultural experiences with over 80% of the inhabitants being ex-patriots. The church itself has over 45 nationalities represented and from morning until night on Fridays (their Holy day instead of Sunday) there are 12 church services needed for the different languages spoken there. Lastly we will be EXPLORING the possibilities for future partnerships between Cornerstone and the church and surrounding establishments there in Dubai. We will seek on internship and ministry opportunities that will help those at Cornerstone as well as those in Dubai.
Because I am a media-video major, I will be job shadowing for a couple days while in Dubai at a place called Media Village. I can only imagine what I will see there and am very excited to see how media is used in the Middle East and what equipment and programs are in use. As we venture on this trek we ask for your prayers and thoughts as we seek to show the love of Christ and be His hands and feet in service to our brothers and sisters in Dubai. Pray also that others would our good works and glorify our Father in heaven and that there would be lives changed and people would come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior, Redeemer and Perfect Sacrifice. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment