January 5
Today, waking up was not fun…because I did it so many times during the night. It was extremely windy and the roof rattled and slammed all night and so I have NO idea how much sleep I even got. When I awoke, I was even more tired than when I went to bed…and I was upset that I wouldn’t get any more rest and so I had a terrible attitude to start the day off with. For those who understand, yes I was g.o.t.i., grumpy on the inside. There were some annoying birds making a racket, cats meowing and the day started out with grey skies. I asked myself what I was even doing here in a strange country where I can’t speak the language very well. I didn’t bother taking a shower and it seemed like my day was going to end up miserable…what a bad day. However, I was then reminded that every day is a good day…it just depends on how you look at it. I asked God to give me His joy and His strength to make it through the day because I sure wasn’t going to be able to do it on my own. As I went with Don Henry to the Nehemiah Center for class, I realized that the day had brightened and that I had somehow come out of my bad mood…thanks God. I am so thankful for a God who gives when I least deserve it. I was worried about my cross-cultural filmmaking class because I was only able to read about half of the 90 pages but it ended up being ok and I was able to contribute to the conversation about the reading without looking foolish. We took a break for class and went around and went over the names of everyone who works at the Nehemiah Center. Then we went over the history of photography which was VERY interesting and we got to see the evolution of photography. We went to lunch at the school that is next to the Center and I got to talk to Jeff about what he has done with media in his life so far…it was a LOT and mostly in other countries. I hitched a ride home with Don Henry and when I got home, they fed me almost right when we got home around 5 which was a little soon for me. Then I watched Aladdin with Raquel, Jacqueline and Sarai. When I walked into my room later, I discovered Donia Pilar had cleaned my room, put new sheets on my bed and tidied things up a bit! I thanked her very much for doing so! I am very tired tonight so I am going to bed now at 9:15. Buenos noches!
No comments:
Post a Comment