Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!

February 2, 2009
It’s Katie’s birthday today! She is 17! Seven-stinkin-teen! Wow. So anyways…today was the first day of class and Don Henry took me to the Nehemiah Center for classes because he works there! We had devotions with the staff at about 8:20 and then started class at 9:15 with the History of Nicaragua. Very interesting stuff! We have a 3 hour class every day which may not seem like much but we are cramming a whole semester into 7 weeks so we can work on the internship/documentary part of the semester for a good amount of time. I have to read and summarize 43 pages by Wednesday which won’t be too bad. It’s on the patriarchy and folk of Nicaragua if you were wondering. I took a little siesta in a hammock after class and lunch and took the bus home at about 5:00 PM. I never really know what to do when I get home because I can’t talk to my family very well……I’ll have to think about that, but I got home with no problems and am thankful for the experience in Costa Rica of getting to know directions by landmarks because they have no street signs in Nicaragua either. I had a great meal and actually went out front of the house for the first time to sit with Donia Pilar, Shalon, Raquel, and Sara for a while which kinda broke the ice of me never knowing when and if I should go out there! I tried asking some questions as well as answering some…sometimes it was good sometimes I don’t know what I said or agreed to. After calling Katie to wish her a happy birthday…HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE! I LOVE YOU!...I went back out towards the front of the house and played my guitar first for many members of the family and then with Jacqueline’s b/f…I guess I should find out his name since that would be a lot shorter than writing out “Jacqueline’s boyfriend” every time, eh? After a most enjoyable morning, day and evening I am finally going to bed. Oh yeah, and I found my sheets…they were under one of my pillows…so they were here the whole time! Que embarozaso! It really made me laugh…at myself of course! Goodnight!

No comments: